Monday, May 24, 2010

Street cred



I got a compliment from a random, sane-looking lady commuter on the street today! She said she liked my outfit. I was pleased as punch. And hot!

By "hot," I mean I was drenched in my own sweat walking to and from the train. It was 90 degrees, and it's only May in Chicago.

Luckily, the weather gave me an excuse to wear this billowy silk-and-cotton navy top I got for $20 on a J. Crew sale. The skirt is also crew, and I could not resist it because the polka dots and coloring (beige and ivory) go with everything.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a cute outfit too. And I think I'm pretty sane...most of the time. I have a taupe satiny BCBG top that's similar in shape to yours and a cotton pencil skirt I got on sale from Urban outfitters that I think I'll use to recreate the look. I've been trying to find a way to wear the skirt for about a year, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thanks for the compliment, Lorita. The shirt's shape is so perfect for avoiding sweatiness on hot days.

    ReplyDelete