Monday, February 8, 2010

Fancy pants

 

I completely forgot to post on Friday. And I have yet to get new camera batteries, so meanwhile I'll use Ye Olde Laptop Camera. 

Wanted to mention these tuxedo pants from Club Monaco. I'm going to brag about the deal I got on them, so turn away now if you are disgusted by frugality.

They were $29 down from $138. Then I had them tailored in-store for only $10! That's even cheaper than my neighborhood tailor. 

Full-priced purchases are tailored for free at Club Monaco. They're a Toronto-based chain with stores in major cities of North America and Asia. Most of their stuff is black and white. I have found the couple of items I've purchased from them to be very well-made, and if they had more stores across the United States I think they'd give J. Crew a run for its money, considering the decline in quality lots of JCAs report.

Also, they are not as heavy-handed on vanity sizing. I wear a 0 in pants from J. Crew but a 2 in pants from Club Monaco. 

2 comments:

  1. Fancy Pants. You are too funny. I am the queen of frugality so you might have met your match. P.S. what's the story on the sweater. I like it.

    Thought I'd leave you a comment as others probably just oggle and pass through.

    Hope you shake the 'crud' and feel better soon.

    Ibi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I really appreciate your comment! The sweater is a Holiday 07/08 J. Crew, and it is a flamingly bright red. I actually don't remember the price, but I bought it on sale while in grad school, so I imagine it was cheap.

    ReplyDelete