Friday, January 22, 2010

my lei/clown shirt




One of the risks of extreme online penuriousness is getting stuck with something funny-looking because it was cheap. I like to think I have the right combination of stubbornness and optimism, which allows me to endure the pitfalls of bargain-hunting online shopping.

The annalise shirt from J. Crew is an example. ($30, online final sale, I was inspired in part by Gingersnap to purchase it)

It is the shirt above with the ruffly clown collar. Or lei. I couldn't decide when I put it on this morning. Whatever... I went with it. And I received a ton of compliments on it at work. I would be suspicious of these compliments if it weren't for the fact that I happen to work at a non-profit that seems to attract an uncommon number of very genuine, thoughtful people (which, as a side note, makes it easy to go to work every day).

So I'll keep wearing it. Partly because I'm a sucker for attention and praise and partly because it's whisper pink. And I like pink! (And ruffles. Did you notice the bounty of ruffles?)

Topping this little number is the corwinn cardigan from J. Crew in "natural." This is an excellent cardigan, and I highly recommend it for it's length, drape, thinness-yet-warmth and ability to go with everyting.

The natural shade is not what I thought it would be (I was thinking it would be a very pale wheat). It is actually sometimes a VERY LIGHT pink and other times a VERY LIGHT violet.

No comments:

Post a Comment