Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wrinkle-proof? Never.


Hi there. Happy Wednesday.

I always think of Wednesdays as "green days." I realize this sounds odd, but I associate different days with different colors. I always have. Mondays are blue, Tuesdays are orange, Wednesdays are green, Thursdays are a swirl of purple and green, Fridays are purplish gray, Saturdays are yellow and Sundays are a transparent/gray.

I didn't pick these colors, they just automatically associate in my head. A friend of mine who is working on a PhD study of synesthesia said this might be an instance of it. Synesthesia isn't a disease or harmful, it's just when one sense is perceived by an additional sense. If you want to get all academic on it, read a paper of his here.

ANYWAY... That's a roundabout way of saying that I like the green shirt I wore today. It's the fitted non-iron shirt from Banana Republic. And, yes, it needs to be ironed.

But it is not as wrinkly as your average work shirt, and the best part is that it does not gape in the chest or stomach area and cause inadvertent flashing. There are still some left in the sale section of BR, and at $40, I recommend it.

Next is the city-fit Super 120s classic trouser, which I promised to review. Speaking of wrinkles, boy do these puppies ever. After sitting most of the day for my office job, there were serious creases in the front. I personally don't mind it because these are such flattering and appropriate pants for work that a few wrinkles won't dissuade me. I am embarrassed to admit I paid the full, wopping $130. But I will get lots of use out of them--the fabric works in summer and winter.

My thriftiness is alive and well. Got the gold-bead necklace for just $12. Oh, Nordstrom Rack--how I love thee.

(FYI: The belt is the gold shimmerveil belt from J. Crew, just $14.)

No comments:

Post a Comment