Thursday, January 7, 2010

Torn up over tights

 

Here we have more Crewtasticness, this time with two Crewlet items (a.k.a., items from a J. Crew outlet). The v-neck merino cardigan with bling buttons was nabbed from a Wisconsin crewlet, as was the suiting black pencil skirt. They are fantastic, and the sweater was just $30.

The tights, however, came from a regular J. Crew and are maddening. This is my second pair of the herringbone tights in black, and they got a hole on the second wear! The first pair died quickly, too, but I loved the pattern so much I ordered a replacement. Now I wouldn't even buy them again on sale. Tights that cost $22 should last more than three wears, for sure.

2 comments:

  1. I experienced the same thing! Don't know why b/c the tights are substantial. When I bought them, I assumed they would wear much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did, too! They seem really stretchy and polyester-ish, so I thought it was a fluke the first time around. If they can get the same design on a tougher fabric that would be great. Great to hear I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete